Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I miss my man!

I know I am pathetic but I miss my husband. This week Taylor's shift at work changed and he now works graveyards which means I am sleeping alone and it sucks! When we were first married Taylor had this same graveyard shift where he worked midnight to 8am. I don't remember it being this terrible but maybe I was just used to it since he had worked that shift since we started dating and for about two years into our marriage. Now that he has been on days for so long and I am used to having him here at night I am struggling and it is only the second night. He is supposed to start at midnight but they have had him coming him at 10 which means he is leaving here at 9:30. That is my time! I always look so forward to 9pm because that is OUR time. Our kids are in bed and that is when we snuggle on the couch and watch a movie, or catch up on the shows we haven't watched, and talk. Now 9pm comes and I am alone. I don't want to watch anything by myself and I can't go to sleep, so here I am blogging and playing on Facebook and it is only 11pm. I will probably end up putting on a movie I have all ready seen and fall asleep on the couch like last night. I feel really bad for all those wives who have to live apart from their husbands for any period of time, or who's husbands travel a lot. I guess you get used to it and hopefully I will too. I love you Taylor!

3 comments:

Our Loved-up Family said...

What a sweet post. I can empathise from times Tom and I have had to spend a night apart, which thankfully have only been a few. Basically all I do is clock-watch and like you watch a movie and fall asleep 10 minutes in!

Emily said...

Oh man! I hate that too. Luckily it doesn't happen very often for me. It's fathers and sons so call me tonight!

Tara Hoppie said...

I just faound your blog, and I have loved reading your last few posts. I especially loved the one about Vai and her dance. You guys must love her so much, you are all lucky to have each other.

Oh, and way to go Mikayla! (did I spell that right?)