Sunday, May 17, 2009

9th Grade Night Dance


Timberline Junior High had their 9th Grade Night Dance on Friday Night. Vai had told me for the past two weeks that she didn't want to go. When the couple she was supposed to babysit for called to cancel that all changed. It was 4pm on Friday and she decided she wanted to go but she didn't have a dress. I told her to go take a shower so we could do her hair and make-up and then we would run and find a dress. The great thing about Vai is that she is so easy to please! It does not take Vai a week of shopping and trying things on, when she find something she likes, she takes right then and there. So when she was ready we jumped in the car and we were going to run to Kohl's but the I decided we would try Ross first. I have to admit I never think to go to Ross because I never really shopped there but my in-laws love it and always find things. We walked into Ross and within 5 minutes Vai found a dress she loved and 2 minutes later shoes she loved. The dress was sleeveless it just had these tiny spaghetti straps and also a pretty deep v-cut. I told her she could have it if she would wear a shades shirt under it. She looked adorable and was very happy she couldn't stop smiling all night. Once she got to the dance she called to see if she could got to a friends after and watch a movie and have a treat so I told her yes. The dance ended at 9pm and she called at 8:45 telling me ot pick her up at the school at 9 instead. Taylor when to get her and asked her why she didn't go to her friends and she said she wanted to come home and hang out with us. WHAT! at that age the last thing I wanted to do was hang with my family on a weekend. Taylor told her next time she had to gow ith her friends and be social. Vai is a good girl and I am glad that she likes being home and that home is a safe and secure place for her. I feel very blessed that she likes being a part of our family as much as we like having her a part of our family and that is this is home and we are her family. You always worry a little when raising somebody else's child how that child really feels and I am able to know. Her dress had a really cute bubble skirt and her hair looked really cute but it is hard to tell cause the wind was blowing so hard when we were trying to take the picture. I should have taken it inside.

0 comments: