Saturday, September 6, 2008

I still want to be on vacation!!!!


Thursday morning we got back from 10 days in paradise. Where and what is paradise depends on who you ask. Paradise for me is Maui. Taylor and I flew out to have some time to do what we wanted to do and celebrate our anniversary and then three days later my mom brought our kids down. Paradise to me is being somewhere beautiful, warm, and tranquil and having the person you most want to be with there with you. I had it all in Maui. Three days for Taylor and I to have alone is unheard of. We slept in, went to the beach and soaked up the sun and ate lots of good food! Taylor has always loved sushi and it was something I thought I would never share the love for but I have to say I love sushi. I think the reason I had never liked sushi was because I had not had good sushi. I would eat a California roll every now and then but not really love it. After a trip to NYC last December and eating a ToDai I came to love sushi. While on Maui we wanted to go to dinner for our anniversary and we thought about going to Roy's which is always worth it in Hawaii but last minute decided to try and new place call Sansei Sushi. I highly recommend it in fact we went back the next night after 10 for their 50% off and karaoke. There menu and presentation is amazing!!! I tried to find a picture to post but I couldn't copy of of their website but if you are ever in Hawaii and want good sushi Sansei is the place.

My mom brought our kids out to us on Friday and we were so excited to see them and have them with us for the next week. Actually we would have loved to have the whole time to be alone but we didn't want to hear about it forever either. My kids are really spoiled because Hawaii is our little home away from home so when they go three or so months without going over for a week they feel that life is very unfair. Maui is our favorite of the islands and where we go to relax, unwind, and spend time as a family. On Mondays since it was Labor Day the Kihei ward had a picnic at the beach so we spent the whole day there swimming, playing in the sand, and a little beach volleyball. So if you are not familiar with polynesian culture and picnic at the beach does not mean a little get together between 12 and 2. The picnic started at 8am and went until about 6pm. The kids were totally worn out and we spent all day Tuesday recovering at the condo and didn't step foot on the beach. Those of you who know me know that I am always looking for a good deal. I have always wanted to take my 9 year old snorkeling out to Molokini and Turtle Town. I got scuba certified 9 years ago and love it and had such an amazing time diving over there that I thought she was at a good age to enjoy snorkeling. My kids have all snorkeled at the pool and on the beach but have never been out in the big open ocean. I found a good deal on a boat called the Frogman for $49.95 the normal cost is $74.95. The frogman is not a big double decker catamaran with a slide and water trampoline it is simple and the ride is bumpier but I with it just being the two of us it was worth the cost. As I walked down to the shop to book our trip I happened to pick up and booklet and there was a coupon for a 2 for 1 trip on the same boat so it would only be $29 a person and I thought for that price I might as well take the whole family. While in the shop booking it the sales agent told me that for $95 a person we could take a boat called Quicksilver that is big catamaran with the slide and water trampoline and I was like no thanks. The next morning we went to the harbor to check in and the guy said well you guys are getting an upgrade today since you have such a large group (6) and put us on the Quicksilver. I have to say I did good! My kids loved it and the crew was awesome.

2 comments:

Leanne said...

serious, you know how to vacation!!! I really want to go to hawaii with John for our ten year in March, we've both never been, I'll have to call ya and get some info.

Alison said...

lucky ducky. i'd like to say AMEN! Maui totally rocks. I'd love to go back. I don't feel like I got to do everything I would have liked to do since I was 7 months prego when I went. Maybe someday we can coordinate a trip so you can get us into all the good "Local" spots! By the way...Cute Blog. Your kids are beautiful. They grow up so fast. It was totally great to see you a couple of weeks ago. I love that you are good at keeping in touch!