Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Last night I drove up to Park City for Makaila's soccer game. I have to brag, Makaila had an awesome game! She scored 4 goals and her team won 4-1. I never thought I would be a soccer mom but I am so happy that she has found something that she loves so much. Makaila is a natural athlete she is good at everything she does. When she was in Kindergarten we signed her up for Jr. Jazz. We went to her first game and they spent the first game and they had all the kids line up and gave them a basketball and showed them how to dribble. We watched each kid take their turn as they tried to dribble down the court and none of them could do it so I anxiously waited for Makaila to see how she would do. Makaila took that ball and full of confidence dribbled it all the way down the court. Some of the other parents turned to Taylor and I and said wow when did you teach her to play basketball. Makaila is full of confidence and determination and whatever she set her mind to she accomplishes. Last season her soccer coach gave each one of the girls a nickname when they passed of their Black Eye Goals. Coach Doug asked Taylor what the word for leader or chief is in Tongan and the word is Si'ifi. Si'ifi has become her name and when she is on the field and I am cheering for her yelling Makaila never comes to my mind it is always GO Si'ifi or GO SI, win it SI, it has become who she is out on that field. I hope my little Si'ifi can continue to go through the rest of her life the same way as she is on that field confident and determined and a leader. I love you Si'ifi!

2 comments:

Emily said...

I love that post...I think that is what is so great about blogging is you record things about your life that you wouldn't have taken the time to write in a journal. We love Makaila too she is a great girl.

jennifer said...

great pics - isaac will never forgive you for that picture when he is 16. congratulations to makaila that is awesome. i am sure all your children will excel as well.