Saturday, September 6, 2008


School has started and I have 4 of my 5 kids in school now. The first morning with just Isaac at home felt a little weird. Isaac does not know what to do with himself he is so used to having somebody to play with and I am not used to being the entertainer but we are adjusting. When we moved here last February I put my kids on the waiting list for Renaissance Academy but had no luck so they started at Ridgeline in Highland which is where they bus the kids in Traverse Mountain. Two days after school started I got a call from Renaissance that they had an opening for my 1st grader so they could get my other kids in also. Ridgeline was a good school and my kids were OK there but we decided to make the move for the smaller class sizes and the fine arts emphasis. I have been so impressed my kids are now excited about school and learning. I was really glad I hadn't bought school clothes yet. I had promised my kids when we went to California the end of this month we would do our shopping there. I didn't think I would like uniforms but I actually love it! Vai is in 9th grade at Timberline Junior High in Alpine. It is so weird that she will be 15 in January and in High School next year. I don't feel like I am old enough to be raising a teenager.

0 comments: