Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Running

I am not a runner!!!! Around November I was convinced by some friends at Rage to run the Red Rock Relay down in southern Utah in September. I really don't know what I got myself into. I try and run at least 3-4 a week. I really don't enjoy running and I am literally procrastinating my run every day. Lucky for me I have a husband that pushes me and goes with me every time. I keep waiting for it to be easier and for me to start to enjoy it and get that so called runner's high, but nope it's not happening! Last night while running I did get to the end of my run and did not feel done so for the first time I did the loop a second time. I had to stop and walk part of it but then ran again and felt good when I was back home. The Red Rock Relay is is a 170 mile relay race and we have a team of 12. We all run 3 legs of about 6 miles each in 24 hours. This is definately going to be the most challenging thing I've done physically in a long time if ever. I know to you marathoners I probably sound like a whimp! I am really grateful to live where I do because there is no better place to help me train than right here.

2 comments:

Ryan and Megan Goodwin said...

Way to go! I'm so proud of you! Keep it up!! P.S. I'm told it will get easier (I don't know about that). :)

Emily said...

Plan on running the 10K with me and Dria! You are doing awesome!