Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Wickedly Amazing!!

Over a year ago we bought tickets to see Wicked when it came to Salt Lake City. I knew it was the story of the Good Witch and the Bad Witch from the Wizard of Oz and a few other details just from listening to the music. I loved the soundtrack and all of my family and friends who had seen it just went on about how great it was. When tickets went on sale last year to season pass holders which my sister is, she called to see how many we wanted. At first I was think of just getting two for Taylor and I and then Taylor said to get four so we did and I was go glad that I was able to take the girls. I took Vai, Makaila, and my Mother-In-Law. What a great girls night out we had! Wicked was Wickedly Amazing and just as awesome as Wicked was seeing it with President Monson, President Uchtdorff, and Elder L. Tom Perry and their wives and some family members. When we arrived at the theater we were one of the first two our seats on the mezzanine and as we looked to our right and 10 in front we saw them standing at their seats. It is always exciting to be in the same room as the Prophet and made it even a more memorable night for the girls. As the theater started to fill in it was kind of funny how everybody noticed them and was trying to get pictures and texting their friends and family. After the show was over everybody stood up and waited for them to exit before leaving just like they do at conference. I thought it was neat that even thought it wasn't General Conference or a Church function the respect that was shown for them. So back, I wasn't expecting to be laughing so much, it was hilarious. The girl that played Glinda was so funny she reminded me alot of Amy Pohler from Saturday Night Live, just her voice and her mannerisms. Elphaba was also fantastic and had an amazing voice. The only person I didn't love was Fiero but he did a good job still. Although I don't like Adam Lambert on AI, I would have loved to see him play Fiero. When we walked out the first thing we all said was that we want to see it again. I was trying to take a few pictures of us but didn't have much luck before a theater worker was worried I was going to get the copyrighted set in my pictures and told me there was no picture taking but here is what I did get.

1 comments:

leigh said...

I like your hair Jess, it looks good dark.