Sunday, January 11, 2009

Where I needed to be most....

Yesterday I worked a 12 hour day. I left my home at 8am and didn't get home until 10:30pm. My husband was home with our kids until about 2pm when he left for work. I did speak with him many times during the day and asked him if the kids had done any work. His reply was yes the kids have done some cleaning up. Well I come home and I am exhausted and my house is a disaster! The dishwasher that I had loaded Friday night but didn't start because I knew there would be enough dishes after breakfast that somebody could add si it would then be full and start it. Yes, I am trying do my part in conserving water too. Well I guess I have really wishfull thinking. I came home had to put kids to bed and I was too exhausted to even really notice or look. I wake up this morning and go in to my kitchen to find the sink overflowing with dishes. I thought I would unload and load it back up because I hate dishes in the sink. Well I realized nobody had done a dang thing yesterday because everything in the dishwasher was still dirty and it just set me off. We had no clean glasses, silverware, or bowls. I didn't want to trun on the dishwasher because everybody needed baths for church and there wouldn't be any hot water so that means the mess was going to have to be around a little longer. Now I am kind of upset at myself that I just didn't make them all take cold baths. My punishment was that I didn't make them breakfast and told them they would have to eat whatever they could eat with their hands. They made cinnamon toast so I really didn't get my point across I think the cold shower would have been better. I was really not in the mood to go to church at all. I felt that I needed to stay home and get my house in order after all I go back to work tomorrow so if not today when will I get to it. I have come to learn that the times I feel like I don't want to go to church are the times I need to be there the most. I am so thankful for the truth and light I find in the gospel and it's teachings. I am so grateful for the wonderful leaders we have and the sacrifices the make and for their preparations to make these lessons so meaningful. Our most important relationship should be with our Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ and I was reminded of that today. I have been so overcome with the Spirit today that had I not gone to church I would have missed out on this and probably would have treated my family, the people what matter most to me so differently. Through the Spirit I have been able to forgive and deal- even though I still have dishes in my sink.

1 comments:

Emily said...

I'm so sorry. That is soooo frustrating for you. I hope they get their act together and help out more. I bet next time they will get a cold bath! Make sure you turn on the dishwasher and hop in for your shower first and make it long one!