Wednesday, September 30, 2009

4th of July and 24th of July






We had fun this summer spending the Holidays with family. For the 4th of July we went to my sister Emily's and had a BBQ with their family, my parents, and their friends Colt and Christy. The food was great and the kids had a lot of fun playing and watching fireworks together. The 24th of July we went to Shawn and Britney's for a a BBQ and then we drove up to the hospital to watch the fireworks with Vai out on the hospital rooftop patio. Britney had a ton of glow sticks and gave them to me to give to my kids. When we got to the hospital there were a lot of other families up there with their kids. I decided my kids didn't need anymore glow sticks and so I decided to pass them out to all the other kids up on the patio. Most of those kids faces lit up, they were so excited to have a bracelet or a necklace. It turned out to be alot of fun. I am grateful to live in this country where we have such amazing access to good health care, wonderful Doctors, and the advanced medical technology we have to save lives. I am grateful for the freedoms we enjoy as part of living in this great nation.

2 comments:

Shauna said...

FUN times at Cedar Hills "high"....hehe

Unknown said...

I can't believe how big the kids are! When you don't see them you expect them to stay small! I hope you guys are well, we miss you all!